Saturday 27 July 2013

Clean & Simple Thank You Card

One of my closest school friend's mother, just went through a spinal surgery, and he and his sister wanted a Thank You card for their doctor. So I whipped one up pretty quick as I was short on time.

The doctor was a man, so I had to stay away from flowers, pinks, leaves, butterflies - basically, everything girly. So I decided to start with picking up a subtle Patterned Paper and decided to see where it went from there.

I found this really nice Lattice Print PP in the Follow Your Heart Be Amazing Paper Pad from My Mind's Eye and I loved the baby blue on it. And the multicoloured diagonal stripes on the other side of the paper were perfect to add some contrast. That's one good thing about double sided papers - they are already colour-coordinated and you don't have to rack your brains for good colour combos!! :)

I was able to do the card in only ONE 6x6 sheet! And I was amazed. Zero PP wastage made me really happy. :)

I made a simple bow with the little strips that were left of the PP. The craft checked PP was taken out of my scrap PP stash. I then adhered a cute button (using a glue dot) from the 'Follow Your Heart Be Happy' Buttons from My Mind's Eye (same collection as the Paper Pad, so it was easy to pick a match) and added jute twine through the holes (also from the Follow Your Heart Collection by MME) No wonder everything matched so well. :D :D

I used sentiments from the "Beautiful Words" Simon Says Stamp exclusive Stamp Set and stamped it in Rich Cocoa.

I am in love with my scallop die. So I cut out scallops from the same PP and used the pattern on the reverse side of the Paper and dabbed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and used two strips to add borders to the sentiment.

The card still felt incomplete to me, so I added a few pearls on the bottom right such that the card still retained its masculinity. :)

Here's a picture of the complete card. :)


My friend, his sister and his mom (I'm hoping, the doctor too) loved it!! :)

Here is the list of Products used..
From Lulupu





Other Products


I have more stuff to share. I have neglected blogging in the past whole year. So I have a lot of backlog. I am hoping to clear that in the weeks and months to come.. :)

Love,
Nikita.. :)

3 comments:

Leave me some love!